March 12, 2013

I've been feeling a little out-of-sync lately... haven't been very productive at all, been eating a lot of junk food, being lazy... not doing much. I finished a whole book on psychology though, which although unrelated is sort of a small accomplishment I suppose. Kinda need to kick myself back into action..



some sketches:


yume nikki fanart thing

bit trip runner is a fantastic game


and some more sketches



meerkat archer


more



and some studies 










not a great post. i'm deciding on a new story to design things for... because projects are always good. :o
art center says i'll probably receive my reply within a week... crossing my fingers :x


MOVIES

Igby Goes Down (2002) 3.5 / 5

A movie that is just a tad bit pretentious. Igby Goes Down suffers from a main character just as insufferable as the rest of the figures he mocks throughout the film. Nevertheless, this nod to A Catcher In The Rye captures a large amount of the bleak cynicism the book is famous for.


I'm A Cyborg, But That's Ok (2008) 4.5 / 5


A zany, bizarre, and fantastical movie that doesn't take itself too seriously. 'I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK' manages to be a surprisingly complete and wholly satisfying film despite its ridiculous plot and surreal hilarity.


Ace Attorney (2012) (4.5 / 5)

A video game adption that is hilariously specific and does a fine job of portraying what truly makes the Ace Attorney game series so great - the character quirks, ridiculous scenarios, and the crazy hair. Takashi Miike brings Ace Attorney the wacky, off-kilter movie it deserves.

Beavis and Butt-head Do America (1996) 3.5 / 5


Not too much can be said about Beavis and Butthead in general.... The duo pull off their eponymous roles without bore even when shoved into a feature film.



MUSIC

My coworker Ryan is going on tour with one of his bands. I recently checked them out and they are fabulous! Exactly my taste in music... to a tee. Both of his bands are wonderful, please listen and support :) 























No comments:

Post a Comment